My first project has been dabbling in creating my raspberry pi into a web server. Right now I’ve been following the instructions found on this website.
I did have to research how to install the Debian(Wheezy) Image to my SD card which I did using the following steps.
- Insert SD card into SD slot
- Identify what disk your SD card is In terminal run “diskutil list”
- ex: disk2
- Unmount the SD card by entering “diskutil unmountDisk /dev/”disk#”
- ex: diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2
- Burn image to SD card by entering “sudo dd bs=1m if=”image path.img” of=/dev/”disk#”
- ex: sudo dd bs=1m if=”/Downloads/2012-12-16-wheezy-raspbian.img of=/dev/disk2
It will look like your terminal has frozen and nothing will be displayed. This takes a bit. Leave it be, once terminal pops up with a new line on the prompt you’re done and ready to put the SD card into your raspberry pi.